Today I’m sharing the love story of the oh so sweet blogger behind Lipgloss and Crayons, Carly. She is such a doll! Carly is a wife, a teacher, a new mom and somewhere in there also makes time to blog about all sorts of fun things. Be sure and check out her blog!
1. Name (you + husband): Carly and Robbie
2. Share the story of when / how you met your husband. Was it love at first site?:
Cheesiest story ever. We met at church on Valentine’s Day. Sort of. I’m not going to lie, I totally stalked him on Facebook beforehand. After a series of dating disasters for most of my twenties, at 31 years old I started attending church here in Los Angeles on a regular basis. The service I attended had a contemporary worship band filled with people my age…..including a very cute violinist. Pretty random, since I had firm plans to marry a lawyer / accountant type. As a teacher, I figured that would be ideal….I mean someone needed to make the big bucks, right? Apparently, there were other plans for my life. Each week, I decided the violinist was cuter and cuter….but was too shy to approach him. Then one Sunday at the beginning of February, he appeared to be staring at me across the room. I went home, and had a pep talk with myself. I decided, clearly my approach to dating wasn’t working….and I needed to be a little more aggressive. I added him on Facebook as a friend. I figured, if he rejected me….it wasn’t THAT embarrassing. He accepted my request within minutes, and we sent tons of messages back and forth. We spoke for the first time the next Sunday, Valentine’s Day. Nine months later, the cute violinist proposed in front of 1,000 women at our church Christmas Tea.
3. How long have you been married?: It will be 3 years this July!
4. What was your favorite moment from your wedding day?: Robbie wrote a piece for me, and had some of his violin students play it…….it was so personal, I loved it!
7. What do you love the very most about your husband?: My husband has the most positive outlook. He rarely gets upset, and often reminds me of the positive in situations where I might see the negative. Plus, he has the best sense of humor!